“Right here, right now is where we draw the line. The world is waking up. And change is coming, whether you like it or not.” Greta Thunberg at the UN.
G’dday Mallacoota Rebels
Number 2. The name and logo are provisional. If you hate them come up with another and we will see what people think.
- FRIDAY REBELLIONS at THE GAZEBO are hooking up with lots of local and XR folk from around Australia who are passing through and we are making great contacts.
If you haven’t yet participated, come on down between 11.30 and 1.30 every Friday.
- We are planning a market stall at the weekly Summer Markets. Looking to hold a couple of flash crowd events. If you want to join in contact me or Kate –
- An Angel Choir
- An Act of DISCObediance – Just ‘Staying Alive’.
- At the Markets we plan to run some making workshops, talk to people and have some fun.
- XR has acquired a badge maker. A good way to spread the word.
- Alison Green has made us a screen of the XR logo and is willing to print people’s blank T-shirts of you want.
We are also going to try and amass a quantity of good quality second-hand shirts to print and sell. If you have any to donate see me, Phil or Kate
At the FIGHT FOR THE BIGHT ACTION.
- Here’s some thing from The Guardian that might interest. Its UK centred but has some things to say.
- Pater Gardner from Bairnsdale has a very current blog dealing with environmental information and news. http://petergardner.info/
- Some local organizations are taking up the challenge of declaring a Climate Emergency – The friends of Mallacoota, the Historical Society and The Mallacoota Progress Association that I know about
- Our Twitter handle is @XR.mallacoota
- You can find us on Mattersmost -organise.earth – XR-Aus-Vic – XRM
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our unofficial webpage –
Have a Climate Emergency friendly Christmas. See you on Fridays or at the markets. Don A Ed.